← Back to all positions
Front End Developer - HTML, CSS, Sass - Freelance
Sawhorse Media is looking for a talented front-end developer for freelance work. You’ll be working on important user-facing features alongside the design, tech and product management teams.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
- Craft well-structured, modular, and clean Sass and HTML, based on wireframes and designs provided by UI designers.
- Can work with Sass at scale on a large site, and are familiar with tools and workflows appropriate for a large code base.
- Are an expert at creating responsive/mobile styles that render well at different screen sizes and devices.
- Can refactor and streamline Sass with a focus on maintainability of code, including naming conventions, modular organization, and the principle of DRY.
- Can build and maintain live style guides.
- Have a good design sense, and are capable of implementing wireframes provided by designers in HTML and Sass.
- Know how to accommodate different browsers and versions, and are good at cross-browser testing.
- Have familiarity with the basics of the Mac terminal and command line.
- Know how to use git and Github, and have experience working with other team members on projects using git.
- Enjoy working with and collaborating with visual designers, developers, and product managers.
- Interest in social media and the internet as a whole is a plus!
ABOUT SAWHORSE MEDIA
Sawhorse is a profitable tech startup that bootstrapped its way to success, run by people who know how to get things done. Our products reach a huge audience. We move fast, are constantly improving our products and ship code multiple times a day. Everyone here is passionate about the problems they are solving and collaborate to make that happen. We produce Muck Rack and the Shorty Awards.
HOW TO APPLY
Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org, explaining how you fit the bill for the requirements listed above. Include at least three links that demonstrate your best work.
Any attachments should be PDF, not MS Word.