← Back to all positions
Customer Success Manager
Muck Rack is looking for an ambitious individual who is looking to join one of the fastest growing tech startups in NYC. Muck Rack's mission is to make journalists, PR pros and marketers more successful through our technology. This includes helping media professionals find journalists to pitch, monitor, and report on a day to day basis via Muck Rack.
You’ll be working alongside the CEO, SVP & Director of Product strategy to provide support, increase existing contract values and overall retention. This is a full time job based in our NYC headquarters.
- Shape the team’s structure, growth and step into a leadership role
- Lead customer onboarding initiatives, strategies, and ongoing training sessions
- Respond to customer's technical questions and strategy inquiries using a CRM tool, email, social media, and/or phone
- Monitor relevant news for our customers, proactive outreach to customers to help create successful PR strategies
- Identify processes and implement scalable solutions to make our customers successful and grow existing relationships
- Identify growth opportunities within Muck Rack’s existing customer base
- Organize, implement and manage trials for high growth potential customers
- Demo Muck Rack at meetings, on phone calls and at events through creative demonstrations and presentations
- Set up calls and meetings with decision makers
- Identify and implement scalable processes to improve customer health, retention, and growth
- Act as a liaison between clients and the product development team, by tracking feedback from customers and users
- Conduct case studies with customers and getting involved in the PR and journalism industry in New York and beyond
- Hit metric-based goals by increasing retention, growing customer contract values and decreasing churn
Preferred skills and interests
- Ability to take detailed notes and share updates promptly
- Creative problem-solving abilities
- 1-3 years experience working in sales, customer success, account management, business development or PR
- Strong organizational, analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to hit the ground running while exhibiting good judgement and knowing when to ask questions
- Experience using Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Docs), Dropbox, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn
- Interest in writing short-form across social channels, emails and more.
- Enthusiasm for learning and adapting to new and changing technology
- Hungry to learn PR, sales, customer service and account management to help make an impact at a growing tech startup.
- Interested in the public relations industry and journalism
- Ability to wear multiple hats, jump into projects where needed and ready to do whatever it takes to achieve goals
- Sharing lots of animated GIFs
- Blasting music on a Jambox when no one (and sometimes everyone) is around in the office
- Using the latest and greatest mobile and web apps
How to apply
First, create your profile on Muck Rack. Second, send us an email at email@example.com and include:
- Your resume
- Links that demonstrate your work, such as your personal site, or live projects you’ve built or worked on
- Why you’re interested in working at Sawhorse
- Attachments should be PDF, not MS Word.